Monday, January 28, 2008

are you ready for some bbbbbbbbasketball?





Both boys are both part of the Upward basketball program at a local church. It is hilarious and awesome all in the same breath. I first got that maternal internal worried gut when they BOTH wanted to play, seeing that "physical skills development" is sometimes an issue with our firstborn ;) Inspired only by Troy on "High School Musical", Isaac thought, "yeah. I'm pretty much as good as Troy. I want to do this." I love that about him. :) (Of course, Samuel had tuned into someone a little more obscure to emulate: Michael Jordan) The Upward program is a Christian program that is totally about encouraging and teaching great skills. Sat. p.m. we walk into the gym, the bass is pumping from a huge sound system..."Y'all ready for this?", the 9 year old cheerleaders are cheering, the announcer is announcing his name, and yeah, I thought for a minute "he IS as good as Troy." I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Steffie B. said...

how funny! They are a hoot to watch at this age aren't they?

Nikki said...

I loved this post! How sweet are they?
Enjoy watching your little Troy and Michael!

Happy Gotcha Day, Samuel!!

AAAARRRGH!!

Happy 3rd Birthday, Mia!