Saturday, November 17, 2007

Forecast: Showers

Well, we've been here in Seattle now for a little over a year. Guess what it's doing outside? RAINING. For the fourth day in a row, and the forecast says it will rain the next four days (and I'm banking on the whole winter). I'm sure you've heard of that urban legend that it rains all the time in Seattle. It's not all true. I think there was a 3 week stretch in August where it was sunny and warm. We get such a kick out of the weather forecasters' clever words...Rain...showers...drizzle...partly cloudy (I would have said "mostly cloudy"...partly sunny.... So far it has not bugged me all that much (although I am getting fat and lazy), but if any of you out in cyberspace have a free condo in Hawaii or something...well...LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!! :( Also, I'm taking creative ideas for indoor kids ACTIVE activities. I think their eyes are bugging out from too many "movie nights"...

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh my, I couldn't do all that rain...although I do love the area. I told you I have A LOT of family livin' by you, right? I definitely want to get out there for a visit one of these days.

As far as indoor activities I'm at a loss when you say they need to be ACTIVE. We do a lot of reading and puzzles, and LOTS of coloring. You could teach your own dance class or something?! Mia would probably love that. But, I find it hard to believe that you are becoming anything close to fat or lazy!

Pam said...

I hate to think of being couped up in the house with three children two of them boys and not able to go out and play. I can't think of any activities but will keep you in my prayers.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am not a rain person at all ... we do have an indoor basketball hoop that seems to alleviate some energy ... thanks for all the prayers while i was in China ... enjoy turkey day!

Beckyb said...

Oh that is what I LOVE about Seattle!!! I do love rainy, dreary days - sounds crazy, but I do!!! Seattle is where I'd live if we could - so enjoy it for me!

Steffie B. said...

Is it still raining???? ;)

Anonymous said...

Definitely indoor hoops! How about Twister, Hide the thimble, jump rope, picture scavenger hunt (take photos of green things, things that were once alive, round things...etc. then erase them all!), obstacle course? Good luck. Can't stand it. xo e

Happy Gotcha Day, Samuel!!

AAAARRRGH!!

Happy 3rd Birthday, Mia!