Wednesday, June 20, 2007

only in the northwest

One of these days I will do a photo montage of funny things seen only in Washington. But before that happens, I MUST relay this story. How I wish I had my camera. Please let me know if any of YOU have had an experience like this in YOUR part of the country.

We were on a Sunday afternoon drive (you know the kind. driving around in neighborhoods you can't afford, trying to find a screaming deal on an acre lot with a 4 bedroom house...) This neighborhood had beautiful wide streets, various people walking their dogs who always happen to kind of look like their owners. I strained my eyes, because around the corner comes an owner with 3 awfully big dogs. Wait, I thought. Is this a dream? No, not a dream. It's just 3 llamas on leashes being "walked" around by a woman (yes, she did kind of look like one). They kind of prance down the street toward us and all of a sudden I break into uncontrollable laughter. I felt like we were right in the middle of Jurassic Park, watching from our vehicle as 3 llamas stare eye-level into our car. Man, what a cool neighborhood that was. I'm pretty sure I can say "only in Washington".

8 comments:

Beckyb said...

Nope - never happened out here but we have had a loose cow meandering down our road - have you had that one?!?!?!? Sometimes you just want to laugh right out loud!!!

Nikki said...

That's hilarious!
Nope, no llamas 'round these parts. Just lots and lots of deer. (none on leashes that I've seen, though).

It's good to hear from you, Gretchen!

jennifer said...

I have to say, I have never seen anything like that. I wonder if it's house trained?

Pam said...

I have never seen that before. I live in the country now. who knows what i might see.

Gwen Oatsvall said...

okay, you have to keep a camera handy for moments like that ... my kids would have flipped and i know scott would have pulled over and asked a million silly questions ...

annaheld said...

ya pretty sure i havent seen that one before! Sounds pretty cool though you should have stopped and asked for a ride :)

Steffie B. said...

That is hilarious....darn that you didn't have your camera!

Anonymous said...

What the .....xo e

Happy Gotcha Day, Samuel!!

AAAARRRGH!!

Happy 3rd Birthday, Mia!