Wednesday, May 23, 2007

$$$ Gretchen's First Fender Bender $$$

While one car was in the shop getting fixed because a rock (boulder) hit it ($250. deductible), I was driving the other. I was looking over my shoulder at this unbelievably nutty driver on my left (meth-induced) thinking "should I call 911 and report this?"...meanwhile...BUMP! Somehow I bumped the brand new LEXUS SUV in front of me. It was my first time in any kind of fender bender...barely a little dent on his trailer hitch, no damage on mine. (why does a Lexus SUV have a trailer hitch anyway?) Can anyone out there tell me why a Lexus trailer hitch costs $800. to repair? So now I either pay $800. for the fix or watch my insurance premiums rocket. Can anyone say YUCK? Oh yeah, and meanwhile the LITTLE TINY rock spot on the windshield decides to grow into a huge spider. So there's another $250. deductible. WHOOO HOOO! At least our bikes work!

7 comments:

Verna said...

That sounds like something that would happen to me!! I agree, YUCK and bummer. Chin up, things have got to turn around.

Nikki said...

I would've commented earlier, but I was too busy dancing to the music you have goin'!

Seriously, so sorry about your car accident -- YUCK! Yep, I can say it. YUCK! But, it could always have been worse. (Nobody got hurt!)

Carrie said...

That's okay Gretchen, who backes into a parked car she knew was there when she got into hers, ME! $500 to repair my bumper, other vehicle FINE, thank goodness! Nonetheless a very expensive and silly accident. Glad to hear there was no injury.

Beckyb said...

UGH - I am so sorry - that is not what you want to spend money on, is it?!?!? But can we ever sympathize!!! We have just been dumping money into our cars lately!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am beginning to think that auto repair work would be a good line of business for my boys ... how about both air conditioners in our cars going out same time ... May ... can you say hot and can you say $900 to fix each !!!! yuck !!

Steffie B. said...

Yuck is right...bummer girl...I hate having to fork money over for the car...I feel your pain!

Pam said...

So the question, did you report the meth driver?

I'm glad that you were ok.

Happy Gotcha Day, Samuel!!

AAAARRRGH!!

Happy 3rd Birthday, Mia!