Sunday, April 22, 2007

a day at the races...



Even though this was a few weeks ago, we all felt the dire need to document the incredible day. Lizzy (our newest addition to the family) participated (well, kind of) in the Petco Annual Hamster Races. What a fun time of people watching..some taking it all too seriously. Isaac trained her hard, but to no avail. You can see even Kenton joined the fray. It must be a "building year." She came in with the crowd at the end.
In the meantime since the race, sad news... Lizzy lost control of her back legs and now drags them on her wheel at night (until bloody.....talk about the eye of the tiger!) Do any of you have one of those little carts we could attach to her torso to help her get around?

8 comments:

Beckyb said...

Ok - I should not be laughing but you've got me cracking up over here - What a hoot!! You guys are GREAT sports - and I can just picture you there with your camera!!! I am sorry to hear he's struggling now though - ugh - do you think he'll make it?!?!

Steffie B. said...

OMW....I am crcking up over here...I know I shouldn't be! Love the new blog....your music always cracks me up too. So what is the latest with the Hamster? I can see if now....updates from Gretchen on the Hamster! lol

Carrie said...

Actual races for hamsters now hey?! Sounds like it was something to see and sorry to hear Lizzy is not doing well. It must be hard for the kids to see.

Nikki said...

You truly are a one-of-a-kind family over there...I never know what to expect when I visit this blog.
Love it!

Sorry about poor Lizzy, hope you figure all that out. I no NOTHING about hamsters.

Pam said...

I hope Lizzy is doing better. I wonder if they make those wheel chairs that small?

Anonymous said...

We had a few hamsters when Joe was little but never heard of racing them. He would have loved it! What fun! So what were the prizes?? Cedar wood chips??

Emmie said...

omg..that is hilarious! What a great time for the kids..for the ha,sters- I'm not so sure! :)

Gwen Oatsvall said...

i am hearing the rocky balboa training song in my head right now ... sounds like fun ...

Happy Gotcha Day, Samuel!!

AAAARRRGH!!

Happy 3rd Birthday, Mia!