Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Quick! Get the Body Fluid Cleanup Kit!

The middle of last night proved to be full of activity at the Johnson Home! In perfect timing with Kenton being gone, I had (all within about 45 min. one Chinese princess throwing up all over her crib and self, one Colombian peepeeing all the way through to his mattress, and the other Colombian crying "missing his Daddy"...WHEW... what a night! To top it off, we were out of laundry detergent. The great thing? God gives extra grace exactly when needed. I was actually thinking as I was holding the bucket in front of Mia for the 3rd go round (I know this is the bizarre part), "I actually love this part about being a mom. I am so blessed to be the one here to help." I think it's those sweet, sad eyes saying "help me. you're my only hope!" It's probably just how God looks at us sometimes. And thank you God, that I have a carpet steamer.

8 comments:

Beckyb said...

Oh girl - I SO feel your pain - and a little one with a bucket is not always easy either - Chloe still tries to push it away - but you are SO right - I'm glad I'm the one there to help - hang in there - AND I LOVE your song!!! (I should have put that on mine last week!!!)

Pam said...

I had never thought of it that way. Maybe because Greg is the one that Hannah usually wants when she doesn't feel well. She is a HUGE daddy's girl, but she is my baby.

Emmie said...

Hang in there! Hope Mia is feeling better soon!!

Steffie B. said...

Oh my goodness.....welcome to my world! When it rains it pours! Hope you are all better soon! ;)

Nikki said...

You are an amazing woman to be thanking God WHILE holding the puke bucket...I am inspired.
But, yes, God is good and I'm praying that Mia is feeling better very soon.
(Poor Kenton misses all the good stuff, huh?)

Verna said...

This is a national flu/virus this yr. We have been hit hard here. So far, my family has not had it but it seems like everyone else around us has. Hope you are all feeling better soon.

annaheld said...

aww....poor mia!
I hope everyone is feeling better!
give everyone hugs and kisses for me!! I miss y'all SO much!
I just love your blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Need a vacation? I have just the place-- lots of margaritas and sunshine.... let the planning begin. xoxo elly

Happy Gotcha Day, Samuel!!

AAAARRRGH!!

Happy 3rd Birthday, Mia!